Sunday, August 11, 2013

Skepticism

In many a way I am a skeptic. My strong adheherence to the efficacy of scientific rationalism makes this a natural position. However I differ from the strong skeptic positions advocated by Messrs Shermer, Carroll, Randi etc in that I believe in the presence of the God (Ein Sof) essence that transcends but encompasses all that there is. I reconcile these two beliefs (scientific rationalism and my own theism) with an understanding that the Ein Sof could but doesn't break the rules of physics. Asuch, I reject all of the paranormal (a position that was not the case when I was younger) and cast much doubt on New Age, Alternative Medicine, most conspiracy theories and other avenues of supposed reasoning that fail to measure up to the stringencies of critical thought.

No comments: