Sunday, February 01, 2009

Well done...ye Reds

I have always been a big English Football supporter although this year my enthusiasm for the game has waned a bit. I am not sure why this is the case but I suspect its a combination of the poor quality of football on hand (too much defensive play by the likes of Everton, Fulham, Wigan, Stoke etc), the nauseating sight of Manchester United winning more matches or perhaps its just that I have finally grown up and changed my priorities (no it can't be...can it?).

Nevertheless I have to take some consolation with respect to Liverpool's (the team I have supported since boyhood) 2-0 win over Chelsea. The Reds badly needed a result after a string of draws and have now moved into second place ahead of the Blues but behind the Devils. Fernando Torres struck late with two goals to do the damage and it was great not to have another game where Liverpool squandered the points in the twilight of the match. Although my heart wants Liverpool to win the EPL I suspect that its going to be a tall order to dethrone United whose back line seem unbeatable. Neveretheless the season is far from over with 14 or so games left to play. I will take each game in stride, curse when we lose or draw and do cartwheels when we win...but above all maintain my overall composure.....

No comments: