Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Surpassing earlier predictions

My nursery school teacher told my parents that I would struggle academically...
This is what I have achieved since then on an intellectual level

1. Completing my Book: A History of the Future (2025-2525). I wrote this between 1992 and 1995. It was published in 2006. The Book chronicles in a year-by-year manner
the next future story of our species. For more on the book go to:
http://www.lonelythinker.com/publications/historyfuture.html
The book can be purchased at
http://www.overlookedbooks.com/atitle.php?id=87

2. Completing my first book. Take the History Challenge (4,500 Questions on the
History of Everything). Contained 300 Quizzes.
For more go to:
http://www.lonelythinker.com/publications/historychallenge.html
The book can be puchased at:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-History-Challenge-Gavin-Kanowitz/dp/1401051499

3. Graduating from Chemical Engineering (1994) at the University of Toronto. I made
the Dean's List in my final year.

4. Graduating from my undergraduate Degree (Double Major) - Biophysics and Zooolgy
- obtained at the University of Toronto. Year of Graduation (1991). Graduated
with Distinction.

5. Obtaining distinction in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, World and South African
History on Provincial examinations. A distinction was the South African
equivalent of an A grade. Just missed distinctions in Biology and English.

6. Accepetance into Medical Schools at the University of the Witwatersrand and
Pretoria. Turned down both acceptances.

7. Reaching the National Final of the SA Perm General Knowledge Competition. The
South African Equivalent of the Canadian 'Reach for the Top Competition.'

8. Winning the school wide General knowledge competition that over 1000 high school
students participated in.

9. Presenting an Ecology paper (as part of a team) at the University of the
Witwatersrand while still a high school student.

10. Graduating from Education School (York University)as one of four award winners.

11. Scoring at the 99.5th percentile on the WAIS-III IQ test. Obtained Membership at
Mensa Canada.

12. Setting up the all the content for the Lonelythinker website
www.lonelythinker.com

13. Representing my public school at General knowledge and Bible Quizzes in Grade 6.

14. I have achieved A- or better on all of the following courses at the University
Level: Physics I and II, Astrophysics, Organic Chemistry, Evolutionary
Biology, Animal Physiology, Chemical Plant Design, Advanced Chemical Reactor
Design, Biotechnology, Fluid Mechanics, General Chemistry, Biology,
Communications and Genetics.

15. Have Taught the following subjects at the High School Level:
Grade 11 Physics, Grade 12 Physics, Grade 11 Biology, Grade 11 Chemistry,
Philosophy Grade 12, History Grade 11, Science Grade 9, Science Grade 10 -
Academic and Applied, Grade 11 World Civilizations.

I believe it is safe to say that my nursery school teacher's predictions were premature.

No comments: